8 hours continuing education course details the primary concepts of energy efficiency; environmental hazards, and earthquake safety…. The primary of residential construction... the impact of building codes on residential construction... the licensee's role ininspecting property and the Transfer Disclosure Statement elements of site selection.
This course is designed to enable students:
- To be familiar with the basic concepts of energy efficiency.
- To be familiar with the basics of residential construction.
- To understand the impact of building codes and local government authority on the residential construction industry.
- To be familiar with various types of insulation.
- To understand the effect on residential real estate of the various environmental hazards.
- To be familiar with basic concepts of earthquake safety.
- To understand the licensee's role in inspecting property and the Transfer Disclosure Statement.
Course Instructional Objectives
- To understand the various elements of site selection.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how building codes and zoning ordinances affect value
- Identify elements of consideration in site selection.
- Recognize types of house styles and details of residential construction, and potential problem areas in home construction.
- Explain the factors influencing energy usage.
- Recognize insulation types and the effectiveness of various typesof insulation.
- Illustrate how energy features can be incorporated into a marketing plan.
- List the steps in building a home.
- List the various inspections necessary in residential resale.
- Use the Transfer Disclosure Statement and recognize the pitfalls.
- Recognize the various environmental hazards, including:
- Radon gas
- Lead paint/soldering
- Groundwater contamination
- Household hazardous waste
- Waste disposal sites
- Warning signs of contamination
- Discuss earthquake safety issues