8 hours continuing education course details factors influencing investment decisions and investors' objectives. Analyze investment real estate, using valuation processes and approaches. Become acquainted with the cash flow analysis process and the concepts of discounted cash flow and internal rate of return. Please bring a financial calculator to class.
This course has been designed to familiarize students with:
- The factors influencing investment decisions.
- The analysis of investment real estate.
- The valuation process and approaches.
- Federal taxation of real estate investments.
- The cash flow analysis process.
- The concepts of discounted cash flow and internal rate of return.
Course Instructional Objectives
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify types of investment real estate.
- Describe how investors make decisions.
- Prepare a cash flow analysis.
- Describe the three approaches to value.
- Complete an estimate of market value.
- Recognize opportunities for tax benefits through real estate investment.
- Explain the concepts of passive losses and gain.
- Define Internal Rate of Return.