This course fulfills the Department of Real Estate mandated 3-hour Agency requirement for first time license renewals. It defines when and how agency relationships are created, when licensees must disclose agency relationships and includes an overview of an agent's responsibilities to both customers and clients.
Course Instructional Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the historical perspective of Agency duties relative to the real estate profession.
- Define what "Agency" means according to California law
- Comply with the three steps of California Agency law
- List the fiduciary duties and obligations owed to principals (clients)
- List the obligations owed to third parties to the contract
- Explain the sanctions for breach of fiduciary duty
- Recognize when an Agency relationship has been created
*Courses #100 and #101 are taught on the same day.