The purpose of this course is to:
- Demonstrate various examples real estate transactions so you can focus on the interactive skills that effective negotiators use in face-to-face negotiations.
- Familiarize students with differences in expectations about negotiations that people from different countries have, and which cultures are considered negotiating and non-negotiating.
- Introduce students to ways of managing the fears of rejection, decision making, making a mistake, and uncertainty.
- Identify common mistakes novice negotiators make.
- Help students assess their own skills and determine the areas of negotiation they would like to improve on.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the concept of negotiation and steps in the negotiation process.
- Identify differences in how people from different countries negotiate.
- Negotiating to gain a ratified contract.
- Identify common fears of negotiation.
- Recognize opportunities to negotiate in the real estate business.
- Use a negotiating system to become a better bargainer.
- Structure deals that get accepted.
- Write a contract in multiple-offer situations.
- Determine the negotiating venue.
- Build rapport and trust.
- Begin negotiations.
- Receive offers in multiple-offer situations.
- Demonstrate flinching.
- Listen to responses to offers.
- Reach initial consensus.
- Break impasses.
- Develop an agreement in writing.